| Collaborating Centre on the control of birth defects
Terms of Reference:|
- Coordinating of research and surveillance activities in the framework of the International Clearinghouse for Birth Defects Surveillance and Research (ICBDSR)
- Coordination of the International Database on Craniofacial Anomalies (IDCFA), collection of case by case data to feed the International Perinatal Database on Typical Oral Clefts (IPDTOC) from 54 registries worldwide in collaboration with the WHO Genomic Resource Centre.
- Coordination of the "Promoting International Awareness of Birth Defects Prevention"
- Medications and pregnancy: evaluation of risk safety profiles for birth defects associated to medication use in pregnancy and "Drugs and Pregnancy Handbook"
- Preconceptional Counseling
- Genetics & hereditary diseases
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
|Types of activity:|
- Collection, collation and dissemination of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Providing technical advise to WHO